Saturday 25 October 2014

Media Release: Onitsuka Tiger Launches My Town My Tracks Campaign in South Africa























Iconic, global Japanese sports-fashion brand, Onitsuka Tiger launches the South African edition of the brand’s My Town My Tracks campaign this month.

The campaign which launched in Europe and Australian in 2013 shares views of urban neighbourhoods through a modern Japanese lens. The campaign moved to Milan in 2014 sharing the sights and sounds of this modern city through the eyes of local Erik Garbo, a student of Italian and Japanese descent.

Following the success of the campaign in the European market, Onitsuka Tiger SA were inspired to reveal a truly African experience with the launch of the local campaign.
Sarah Mundy, South African Marketing Manager for the Asics South Africa group, explained: “We are proud to launch ‘My Town My Tracks’ concept on the African continent the local MTMT campaign offers a truly African experience, through the varying sights, sounds and people all seen through the lens of local Motheo Moeng. The  campaign is celebration of our Japanese heritage with a proudly South African twist”.

Shot in Braaimfontein, the campaign follows Motheo Moeng, a local cinematographer as he unveils the vibrant Braaimfontein area.  From the Neighbour Goods Market, to the coffee shops and clothing boutiques to the best public art in the city of Johannesburg, Braaimfontein celebrates South Africa’s diversity. Moeng shares a journey (not familiar with tourists) through Braaimfontein on his scooter for the campaign which will come to life through billboard, print and online advertising. 

The South African My Town My Tracks campaign celebrates two iconic Onitsuka Tiger styles which are designed with the ideals of functionality and style in mind:  The Mexico 66 and Claverton MT . 

For more details on the My Town My Tracks campaign 

No comments:

Post a Comment