Wednesday 4 July 2012

Neema Nouse | Joburg Fashion & Style It Chirl


Image: As seen in the True Love Magazine June 2012 Issue | Photographer Jerri Mokgofe





















First time I saw Neema Nouse I said to myself; SHUT THE FRONT DOOR what a stunning little creature where did she come from! This chirl can easily clean up and scoop the Miss SA Teen title should she care to participate nudge-nudge-hint-hint, do best gurl!

You might have seen Bongi going on about town doing her own thing with one of her equally fabulous Qhawekazi Luthuli, or featured in fashion, style and lifestyle blogs or in the June issue of True Love Magazine and thought to yourself  WHO IS SHE?

Well here she is, sharing with us a little chapter from her LFBB (Little Ferosh Black Book). Keep up with her cosmopolitan demeanour and what she has to say and share on her blog Nouse Lifestyle


Be inspired, appreciate and create…

You are a fabulous lady who is brilliant at what she does and you always boh-ring-it chirl.
Wow, thank you Jerri.

What is it that you do and why?
I'm a full time psychology student at WITS and I'm a blogger.

I actually started at WITS thinking that I would major in Economics. Psychology was on the list as a possible 'filler' option and because I've always been fascinated with the human mind, I signed up for it as well, and fell in love. In high school I was forever the one listening to friends’ problems and coming up with practical solutions for them to make use of (whether or not they did) and so the desire to help others deal with life issues has always been in me.

The world of blogging, on the other hand, was something that had always interest me but it was only after Matric that I had time to explore it. So about 17 months ago I officially became part of the blogger-sphere and introduced Nouse Lifestyle. A fairly youthful yet elegant, tasteful and fun portrayal of what life is like as a young cosmopolitan woman living in Johannesburg.

 You are a biggest inspiration to someone reading this; may you please share with them a few
words of wisdom they will forever cherish, and ignite their will power to keep on keeping on:
I really believe that one’s desires and dreams are directly correlated with ones innate ability to achieve them. So we shouldn't feel inadequate or despondent when our immediate reality challenges that fundamental truth. It stands no matter what.

The most unglamorous thing about fashion is?
The old men! My word! I remember the first (and last) fashion show I ever did was for a local fashion house, and I remember that there was only one tiny bathroom back stage and about a million girls. So we literally all had to change out in the open and the amount of old men coming in and out, no shame, eyes everywhere, was disgusting.

It made me realize how dangerous and distasteful the industry can be.

Also, the fact that currently, everyone's look is so the same.  We becoming carbon copies of each other. What's happening to creativity?

How long does take you to put a look together, make up and all?
Depends on how serious the occasion is. Max: 2 days. I always know what I'm wearing at least a day before the event, so Day One involves going through different looks, adding things and switching things up, getting my mother and my sister's take on it and making sure I feel good about the final product.

Day Two obviously means getting dressed and because I'm not that adventurous with make-up, I try put on as little as possible. So my eyeliner, blush and lipstick ritual takes no time at all. And I'm done!

Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or
are you letting others make them for you?
The final decision is always made by yours truly. But I'm part of a family with a voice so their input, if constructive, is always considered in my thinking process. The reality is that I don't live on an island with zero influences around me.

SHAKE YOUR TITS I LOVE YOUR WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment