The Imaginarium Awards, a platform for designers and artists to freely express their artistic talents using Portland Cement-based concrete as a primary inspiration or material, comprises six categories: architecture, film, sculpture, fashion, jewellery and industrial design. Entries are submitted by individuals or team collaborations, and artists and designers may enter as many categories, with an original artwork for each category.
The awards are now in the next phase, artists and designers are encouraged to submit their concrete inspired concepts to stand a chance to win their share of over R500 000. The winners will be exposed to mentorship from key thought leaders and significant opportunities to showcase their work at various exhibitions such as MOAD (Museum of African Design) in January 2015 and the Design Indaba in Cape Town in February where the winner will be announced.
Regional judging and collection points are as follows:
· Stellenbosch, Sasol Art Museum, Thursday 27 November 2014
· Cape Town, Collection point?, Friday 28 November 2014
· Port Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Monday 1 December 2014
· Durban, Durban University of Technology, Tuesday 2 December 2014
· Bloemfontein, Oliewenhuis Art Museum, Wednesday 3 December 2014
· Johannesburg, University of Johannesburg, Thursday 4 December 2014
· Pretoria, Association of Arts Pretoria, Friday 5 December 2014
For more information about the PPC Imaginarium Awards, the judges and previous winners visit www.ppcimaginarium.co.za or follow the Imaginarium on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for regular updates.
From The Desk of: Samantha Robinson | Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide | 0117099616