Thursday 11 August 2011

Mpumalanga Fashion Week SS '11 - '12

























It is back! Fashion Weeks of such calibres are worth a presence. Most unsung designers who slip under the radar are often the one with the best collections! I attended Mpumalanga Fashion Week last year and I was pleasantly surprised by the magnitude of   raw talent the designers possessed.

SCALO by Sello Medupe blew me out of my ID Book last year with his delivery, I was lusting after his pieces like a Bitch on Heat! I most unquestionably looking forward to his show this year. One other designer who had visually electrifying pieces was Thokozani Lloyd (TK) Mbatha. His designs are bold, futuristic and O-Soo-Filled-With-Drama!

I am proud of  Simphiwe Mtetwa for nurturing this project and embracing it one year at a time

Judging by the  PR images Mpumalanga Fashion Week SS ’11-‘12 is most definitely worth a calendar mark!

Photographer   : Louis Botha
Stylist                  : Simphiwe Mtetwa
Make Up             : Thebe Malatse
Designers           :Simphiwe Hlophe, Scalo,  Zodwa Mnisi

No comments:

Post a Comment