Monday 25 March 2013

Velma Rose | Fashion & Style IT Chirl x According To Jerri




















































Her style is RIDIC, unapologetic, all over the place, borrowed, layered, textured and FUCKINGMAJOR. She is not trendy but rather a style curator. She strides to her own beat and absolutely does her own thing. I first bumped in to Velma, backstage at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Johannesburg AW 2012 in 2011. I thought to myself who is this fierce little creature like no other I have seen thus far. Looking all ruffled up and caught up on her little world.  She instantaneously became my secret Joburg style IT chirl find! A jewel that may look rough and H&M to a regular Joe Soap’s naked eye, but I understood her and all her style vision. I was captivated by her style and thought to myself I love this guurls vibe... Here we are today. We know each other on first name basis and short of going for a cuppa tea someday and chat about global warming and politics. You know how it goes.  Until then let’s acquainted first...






















































1. I love your vibe
Thank you! Flattery will get you everywhere! Lol

2. How would you describe yourself in one word
Moremonster (more is more)

3. What is it that you do and why?
Just finished working on an exciting still-on-the-hush project under the creative directorship of designer Heni Este-Ijzen at moment I'm just an aspiring front rower.

4. You are a biggest inspiration to someone reading this; may you please share with them a few words of wisdom they will forever cherish, and ignite their will power to keep on keeping on:
 Everybody has their own race to run, so run yours. Shut out all the noise from nay-sayers and just take the steps forward to doing what you want to do every day because not everyone will believe in what you want to do and not everyone will give you the chance to make it happen, but it's okay because when you believe in your dream 110% regardless of  who, what, when, where and why, it makes all the difference in making it happen.






















































5. Has there been a defining moment in your life that made you decide to take the direction in life that you did?
Well not really. I have not had to read many books or experiment with things to know that I want to work in the fashion industry; it's just been in there with me from day one. There have been people and things that have inspired me to keep going, but nothing so defining that I could say has changed anything.

6. Your STRICTLY two favourite South African bloggers?
Nadja Seal (nadjaseal.com)
Collective Bloggers of the (itswhatiminto.com) blog






















































7. Give me names of the three unsung heroes of South Africa’s fashion, style and trends playground – fresh faces, underdogs and preferably people I don’t know.
•Sthe Mongadi (Fruitcake Vintage clothes boutique owner)
•Nadja Seal (chef/daylight connoisseur)
•Teddy (Top Shop assistant department manager)

8. Which country or city in the world do you think would allow you to be truly YOU?
If I could somehow marry the cities of Brooklyn, New York & Brick Lane, London, their baby...that is where I would truly be myself.

9. What do you spend most of your money on?
Thrifting, cake, Friday nights out & Pop-Up anything!!!

10. What keeps you visiting a website or a blog of choice?
I like to be visually titillated, not much of a reader...what's the point of reading about something if you can't see it.

11. Do you buy clothing items based on the fact that you saw a celebrity wearing a loaned designer outfit? Does it matter, does it make a difference? 
Uhm well I do get inspired by some designer outfits but I never go out of my way to get them, not with Top Shop around. My style is more high-street than haute couture so it doesn't make a difference. I would sell my soul for a Balmain or MiuMiu piece though!



























12. The most unglamorous thing about fashion is? 
The bruises and bunions your feet get from pounding the pavements the whole day in tranny hills (no typo).

13. List three misconceptions that people often have about you
Just one - so many people assume I'm this raging uptight bitch and think I dislike them when I'm actually not paying attention at all.

14. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Mary-Kate Olsen, don't care that she is white (allow me). #Thinspiration

15. What are your views on people who do not like to pay for others knowledge and skills on an area of their speciality?
My hand doesn't have enough middle fingers for such people. That is just distasteful like everyone has some bills to pay.


16. When do you stop doing things for free and start talking money?
Doing something, it starts and ends at it being a huge passion of mine. Something I would wake up to do everyday regardless. So when I would stop doing things for free and start charging someone is a bit of a blurry line.

17. South African bloggers; what is it that they doing completely wrong?
Bloggers are doing the same shit! People need to start being original....everyone wants to do something that was never their idea in the first place when they have so much potential to do something better.
 

























I told you she was FUCKINGNUTS Totes Cray with a capital, Bold, exclamation-marks-overload K!!!!!!




SHAKE YOUR TITS, I LOVE YOUR WORK!
 

6 comments:

  1. omg this chick seems so cool , i just wana be her. i can see her becoming an a class celeb in the fashion world in no time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love loooooooove this piece!!!thanks so much:) @silver Nel you are too kind lover lol got me all kinds of blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most interesting post I've read in ages! Love this girl to bits! Truly a fashion inspiration and like Silver said, I believe she is going to take the world by storm one Miu Miu heel at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im coming for those shorts vekma, and some of your guru words of wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fabulous as always Velma!! LOL'd to death at question 13. LOVE IT! Forever a fan of your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really inspiring and eye opening.You are already a star when it comes to fashion. we love you.

    ReplyDelete