Thursday 28 March 2013

Roxy Burger | Fashion & Style IT Chirl x According To Jerri

She has got it the triple infusion of style, trends and fashion on lock down. You just got give it to her and respect a sistah's style. She is not afraid to risk her rep by pulling off something that can be easily interpreted as ridiculous by an unripe mind. She plays around with texture, pattern, colours and tricks-and-trinkets for accessories. She is comfortable with who she is. That level of comfortability further more heightens up her confidence. She is goofy; she speaks her own truth and ever has an inviting smile with that completes her sheer beauty. She is interested and she is interesting, she busts and she is busting!

She is on THE LIST and she is ROXY FUCKING BURGER…  

1. Are you a Thula Sindi or David Tlale kinda gurl? My style is so eclectic I think it's impossible to choose
I'd say, depending on my mood and the day of the week, it could be either/or. 


2. How would you describe yourself in one word?
ECLECTIC 

3. What is it that you do and why?
I am an intellectual creative - I bounce around from industry to industry depending on what is required of me. I am a TV presenter, voice artsist, radio DJ, TV producer and currently, a Creative Brand Strategist. I need to be creatively stimulated in different shapes and forms. I also constantly go back to academia, I am a perpetual student. Next, I'd like to study Fashion Marketing in NYC at Parsons. 

4. You are a biggest inspiration to someone reading this; may you please share with them a few words of wisdom they will forever cherish, and ignite their will power to keep on keeping on:
Do what you love, what you dream of and what makes your heart race - there is absolutely no use in following a path only for money or prestige. If money wasn't an option, what would do? Do that! 

5. Has there been a defining moment in your life that made you decide to take the direction in life that they did?
I think my KTV days had a lot to do with the career path I've chosen. I knew I would never be the corporate type, it's just not me. I think experiencing LIVE television at such a young age was ingrained in me to the point where I knew I had to be creative on a daily basis. There's just no other way for me. 

6. Your STRICTLY two favourite South African bloggers?
Teeteeiswithme - Love this lady!
Gaschette - although these guys have moved beyond the blogging sphere I still admire where they came from. Their online magazine is AMAZE! 
  




















































7. Give me names of the three unsung heroes of South Africa’s fashion, style and trends playground – fresh faces, underdogs and preferably people I don’t know.
I love the leather workmanship of Dark Horse in Cape Town - I discovered them at their pop-up store in Braamfontein last September and I think they make the most phenom leather goods. 

 Don't ask me why, but I'm into my leather at the moment - another amazing local leather producer is Ilundi who make the most stunning tote bags.

Then I'd have to mention a Durban based designer, Bianca Warren, who I think is doing amazing things and who has recently opened her own signature store. 

8. Which country or city in the world do you think would allow you to be truly YOU?
New York. Without one hesitation of doubt. More specifically, Williamsburg in Brooklyn. 

9. What do you spend most of your money on?
CLOTHES. Duh. I do a lot of international online shopping.  

10. What keeps you visiting a website or a blog of choice?
Consistency and quality. I know what I'm going to get, again and again. 

11. Do you buy clothing items based on the fact that you saw a celebrity wearing a loaned designer outfit? Does it matter, does it make a difference?
I don't care who made it, I don't care who loaned it - I only care if it looks good? I'm not a slave to fashion in the trend sense of it all. If it looks like shit, I don't care if it's SA Fashion Week, I won't wear it. If it's great design and amazing aesthetic, then yes, I'm interested. 

12. The most unglamorous thing about fashion is?
The bitchiness that often goes with the industry - it should just be all love people.
















































Twitter: @RoxyBurger
Bookings: Contact
Instagram: @RoxyBurger

SHAKE YOUR TITS, I LOVE YOUR WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment