Saturday 10 August 2013

David Tlale Menswear x Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Cape Town SS 2013 Collection





























































I enjoyed the Thom Browne-esque double breasted box suits. Loved micro shorts reminded me how nuts I went when I saw the Juun J spring summer 2014 vibe. OK maybe David’s are conventionally short in contrast to Juun J almost undies hem cuts. I enjoyed the gold foil shorts and the yellow-butter story with a subtle velvet pieces in shimmering mustard.


The suits and waist costs appeared not to have model appeal; beautiful, but an inch ill fitting. The overall textile design, prints and dye work is quite inviting. I just want to rub the fabrics against my thumb and index finger for a more personal inspection.   

Something tells me there was a lot of street style inspiration behind this collection. A lot of boys will definitely identify with some of the looks. If the prices are wallet friendly there will be lots and lots of sales!


It seems it was all about the clothes and less drama this time around well if you choose to ignore the show closing female model.
 
Image Credit:  photographer / SDR Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment