Wednesday 31 July 2013

House and Leisure Magazine South Africa Luxury Issue x According To Jerri






























I attended the annual House and Leisure Magazine Luxury issue exclusive dinner launch at Le Châtelat Residence in Sandhurst. The event was very exclusive not in that typical Joburg ‘exclusive vibe’ I am talking 20 guests exclusive vibes. I normally roll solo to these settings, so forces of habit. I did not know just how limited the guest list was that upon my arrival I was like O’ SHIT I should have came with a partner. Luckily I am currently reading a little best seller of a book called “The Jelly Effect” by Andy Bounds #ShitBloggersRead. I used some of the pointers from there on how to network and work the room at a social setting. Something I really need to start paying attention to.

The other thing that worked to my advantage is that as I know one should always honour the dress code. I did just that and made sure looked fabulous in conversation-educing pieces. I mean who can resist you when you wearing a BOW*NANG Bitches Tee and Yokoo chain scarf?

Most conversations start with: “OMG I die for that neckpieces, heels, bag e.t.c you wearing” it used to be “May I please use your lighter” but now that you can’t just light up a fag just about anywhere the tricks to chatting up strangers have been recreated.

In any case I stepped in to that room, pretended I was the host (read The Jelly Effect) and worked it with a crystal glass filled with Moët & Chandon bubbles to maximum capacity like a seasoned networker. At some point I thought to myself; YOU BETTER WERK BITCH! #BitchesBeFierce. It also helped that House and Leisure Magazine South Africa team were A+ Smazing hosts with the most opulence situation to offer.


To see all my snaps from the night follow my handle @JerriMokgofe If following is too admin for you, search #HLLuxury and #AccordingToJerri hashtags to get a feel of my blow by blow igers for the night.



House and Leisure’s annual Luxury issue is now on sale. From the silver-foiled masthead to the homes, decor, travel and food pages it captures beautifully the pleasure of living here now.

‘In a world that’s markedly changed – socially, economically, politically – where we tend to be hyper-conscious and even distasteful of over-conspicuous consumption, our definitions of luxury are accordingly less to do with ostentatious shows of wealth than about the things we increasingly hold dear,’ says Naomi Larkin, Editor of House and Leisure. These include ‘having precious time with friends, family or alone; travel; being out in nature; the joys of living amid a whole lot of space rather than being crowded in…’ she says.

The issue features the House of the Month, a laid-back and unpretentious home hugging the Franschhoek mountainside as well as covetable shopping ideas in the Luxe List that cater for all tastes. There’s tableware for every soiree and ideas to add instant glamour to your space that don’t cost the earth.

There are plenty of luxurious local travel options, while the Food section features creations from some of South Africa’s top chefs that pay tribute to icons of the silver screen.

W: houseandleisure.co.za | T: @HouseLeisureSA | F: facebook.com/HouseAndLeisure



CREDIT: Hanro Havenga Photography
 

No comments:

Post a Comment