Tuesday 4 June 2013

Donna Karan's Fall '13 Collection Campaign an Artist Affair - | Steamy!

















































“ARTIST AFFAIR: For her fall Collection campaign, Donna Karan ventured to a place she knows well — the artist’s studio. The images, shot by Mikael Jansson, capture models Catherine McNeil and Andres Velencoso in a steamy, sensual tryst in an artist’s environment. The setting made sense. After staging a show of her late husband Stephan Weiss’ work recently, Karan became more acutely aware of her connection to art than ever before. “I never realized the similarity between how we thought,” she told WWD. “Stephan did my fragrance bottles. He was my partner in business. He was everything. When I put on the show, I thought, ‘Oh my God, he did with clay and I do it with fabric.’”

Karan added these images aimed to capture the “soul and spirit of Donna Karan. It’s important right now that you stay true to your brand and yet always take it to the next step. I think the response to the collection by so many people was exactly that.” The campaign will break in the August issue of American Vogue and roll out to fashion and lifestyle publications in September and October. “ - By of WWD

Image Source: Glossy Newsstand

No comments:

Post a Comment