Wednesday 20 March 2013

Thembisa Mdoda | Fashionable & Stylish Actress x According To Jerri















































She might have a familiar face, a face that leaves you thinking you have seen before, chances are that you have. Her last name might sound familiar. That is all because she Anele Mdoda’s sister.  You know Anele right? Yes the only Anele in Johannesburg - Beyonce’s biggest fan in the entire universe amongst other things. Having said that Thembisa has never been the one to ride on her sister’s hustle and success she has earned her own stripes in her own approach. Just as renowned and respected within the circles she maneuvers and fields of expertise. I have always known her as Thembisa ‘The girl with a fierce handbags collection” only after a year I found out that she was Anele’s sibling.  She is a mother of two boys (twins) and wife to Athandwa Kani, the son of renowned actor John Kani.

O’ the just-above-the-knees body con dress with a plunging neckline and tassels vibe is by Gert Johan Coetzee. You can shop the dress at Edgars Sandton City and Melrose Arch by the SA Fashion Week Capsule collection pop-up in store section. 


Should you ever wondered WHO THE HELL IS SHE? Well let’s find out what Miss Thang is about, as she answers a few selection of questions I threw her direction.















































1. I love your vibe
2. How would you describe yourself in one word?
 Meticulous 

3. What is it that you do and why?
 I'm an actress and an arts journalist because if it wasn't for art I'd be walking around aimless.

4. You are a biggest inspiration to someone reading this; may you please share with them a few words of wisdom they will forever cherish, and ignite their will power to keep on keeping on:
When you're going through hell, keep going. Keep telling yourself they don't know who they're messing with.

5. Has there been a defining moment in your life that made you decide to take the direction in life that they did?
I've had two. When I played Winnie Mandela in a theatre production, my loves for theatre grew in leaps and bounds, and when I had my twin boys that grounded me and made an understanding performer out of me (hope that makes sense)

6. Your STRICTLY two favourite South African bloggers?

7. Give me names of the three unsung heroes of South Africa’s fashion, style and trends playground – fresh faces, underdogs and preferably people I don’t know.
Palesa Mahlaba (True love Fashion editor)

8. Which country or city in the world do you think would allow you to be truly YOU?
Monaco

9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you? WOW! Kimberley Elise. Definitely.

10. What are your views on people who do not like to pay for others knowledge and skills on an area of their specialty?
UNACCEPTABLE!!!
















































11. When do you stop doing things for free and start talking money?
When people entrust your vision with their money. I believe in earning your stripes.

12. South African bloggers; what is it that they doing completely wrong?
Some SA bloggers can't seem to separate their personal lives from their blogs/work. I can't take them seriously after that.

13. Do you buy clothing items based on the fact that you saw a celebrity wearing a loaned designer outfit? Does it matter, does it make a difference?
I'm very meticulous when it comes to my look. I envision it in my head and I don't stop until I get it right. I look and see everything and everyone and draw inspiration. So yes.

14. The most unglamorous thing about fashion is?
Style!!!


Should you like to get in touch with Thembisa Mdoda:
Tweet: @Tembisa
Credentials: Artist CV
Booking:  (011) 726 6076
Email: thembisa@blaque.co.za


SHAKE YOUR TITS, I LOVE YOUR WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment